Monday, January 6, 2020

A Visit to Visions Art Museum 01-06-20

I drove down to San Diego on Saturday to deliver 29
 Ruth B. McDowell quilts from TCQC.  They will be on exhibit there from January 18th through April 5th.  I am always eager to show the quilts, it is one of the joys of having a collection to share, but it is hard to leave them with someone else for such a long time.  There are a couple that I cannot hang in my house because of their large size, so I will be happy see them hanging on the museum walls.  More information on the exhibit in later blog posts. 

While I was there I had a solitary viewing of the exhibit that ended yesterday.  I had done a quick viewing a month or so ago, but this time I had more time.  There were several that I especially enjoyed. 

I do love Dianne Firth's work and there are several pieces in TCQC.  This one is so lovely and soft.  I even like the fact that it is pink!

33"L x 34.5"W
Don't know why there is so much blank space on the signs. 

This one is fascinating, from across the room it is so very 3D, but it is actually flat.  Marvelous piecing.

36"L x 60.5"W

 When I saw this I thought it was Betty Busby's work, but it isn't.  However, the technique is hers, using non-woven materials and machine cutting.

43"L x 43"W 

I photographed a few more pieces and will try to post them this week. 
#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Ruth's quilts will be extraordinary, as usual. VAM has been gathering and sharing fabulous quilts and your collections have added mightily to that vision. Today your blog contains more wonderful quilts from VAM. Thanks so much for sharing them with me/us.