Tuesday, January 7, 2020

More quilts from VAM exhibit just ended. 01-07-20

Here are a few more of the quilts I enjoyed at Visions Art Museum on Saturday.  I just realized that the signs do not include sizes and I did not record any sizes, so just a few guesses.  I have posted actual sizes.  

Approx 45"L x 36"'W  Actual size 45"L x 38"W I believe this is the only quilt that sold from this exhibit, hence the red dot.  


Lots of thread work and slashing and couching. 

One thing that fascinates me is the detail in the background.  This is a close up of the upper right corner.  The background is very defined while the foreground is misty and blurred - interesting. 

Approx 42"L x 52"W   Actually size 35'L x 54"W

So many layers and pathways.  Lovely soft color. 

Intense thread work.  I like this sort of grassy scribble.

Approx 32"L x 26"W   Actual size 32"L x 28"W

Such a colorful, quirky quilt - happy. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Today's quilters are great inventors of new ideas, styles, color and fabric combinations and the pleasures the eye sees when observing their quilts. I absolutely love it all. Innovation, inspiration, some breaking the rules, yes, I love it. Such beauty and enthusiasm for a fine craft. Aren't we lucky to be living in this time of experimentation of a fine craft!