Thursday, January 9, 2020

Things that are yellow 01-09-20

Since KoKo and I walk twice a day I sometimes need to play "games" to keep going.  To go outside our usual loop we need to go on a busy street and I don't enjoy that.  Sometimes I look for certain things as we walk along.  Today it was yellow.  Usually there is quite a lot of yellow in our environment.  Such as:

Of course, dandelions. 

I think this is a stunted calendula. 

Milkweed to attract butterflies. 

One dying leaf on a wintering Plumeria plant. 

Maple leaf.

Dying rose leaves.

Hopscotch for the kids down the street. A very pale yellow.chalk.  

A fire hydrant and a place to rest once in a while. 

This time of year lemons are abundant. This tree grows along a slump stone wall and the reflected heat ripens the lemons earlier than other trees nearby.  

#   #   #

No comments: