Saturday, January 18, 2020

Opening of Ruth B. McDowell quilt exhibit at VAM 01-18-20

And not a single picture to show!
I was so busy greeting people and giving the one hour tour of the exhibit that I didn't even think of pictures!  But I will be at the museum tomorrow and will photograph whatever I can.  
There were a lot of people there tonight.  Someone said they counted 53 when we first got started, but more and more people came until it was very packed.  With all the people and the lights they had to turn on the A/C!  

I did a lot of hugging, hand shaking, rubbing shoulders with people I haven't seen much in the last six months and met many new people.  My memory for names has never been good and at my advanced and feeble age, I cannot remember anyone's name.  So, if you were there, just remind me when we meet again.  

I thank Cristie and Cecil McQuire for sponsoring the catalog which is for sale in the museum gift shop.  Cristie is a Ruth fan and we were in a class one year at Empty Spools.  

After dinner at Ikiru with my friend Beth, I returned to the Holiday Inn Express where I usually stay when I am in SDiego. It has been remodeled since I was last here and the clerk said it was done six months ago.  It seems that I have stayed here in the last six months, but he must know.  

More tomorrow with pictures, I hope. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Good Morning, Wow! I am so pleased to hear the opening went well and was wonderful....so many folks to visit with you and to see Ruth's extraordinary quilts. Thank you so much for all of your efforts to the quilting world.