Monday, January 13, 2020

Starting a new project 01-13-20

How can it be?  I have dozens and dozens of unfinished projects in bags, baskets, boxes and on the wall!  I have always been awed by people who do just one project at a time and either finish it or get rid of it.  Not something I seem to be able to do.  I get the urge to do some cutting or designing or even put something up on the design wall and I just have to do it.  But other things are pressing on my time and I know I cannot spend time creating another project.  This time I rescued some pieces, passed on by someone who was no longer quilting, that have lived on a shelf in my garage for, I suppose, decades.  I ripped out what I suppose were 5" prairie points, pressed them and cut them to 2.5" x 4.75".  All lovely autumn leaf colors (rust, orange, red, gold, purple, even some pink), a lovely selection.  What to put with them in a jelly roll style quilt"  I cut 114 yellow/gold strips and cut those into half.  Now they have moved into a plastic bag while I get back to what I should be doing. 
Autumn Flash  in progress. 

I know it will call to me and I may not be able to resist.  It is one of those projects I cannot picture in my mind.  So the only way to know what it will look like is to sew it together.  Soon, I hope. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I love it!!! Yes, you needed something to get you started in 2020...that may be all it was/is! Good luck with this new project...I'm anxious to see what it will be.