Thursday, March 26, 2020

Thursday Thoughts 03-26-20

Another old thing that I treasure and use several times a week.  This was my mother's grater, the only one I think she ever had.  I took it as part of my inheritence once she died.  It is still sharp enough for whatever I need it to cut, which is amazing since it must be over 75 years old.  It takes up almost no room in the front of the knife drawer.  I sent my old box grater to the second hand store for someone else to struggle with.  


#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Oldies but goodies! Thank you for sharing. Be Well...

Rebecca said...

Wow! Made to last!

Which reminds me of when my mother bought a new hose for our Kirby vacuum in the seventies. She said the old one cost $5 and lasted 15 years; the new one was $15, and she hoped it would last 5 years! We've been talking about "good old quality" for a while.