Sunday, March 22, 2020

A morning excursion 03-22-20

We went on our usual walks, but this morning we needed to get out of the house for a bit.  I feel that my car is safe from the virus because KoKo and I are the only ones who have been in it for several weeks.  So, we went "out", but not out of the car!  First we delivered some of our overstock of lemons to Carol and Dick and put some books in Carol's little curbside library.  I wonder if people are using these little gems since the official libraries are closed.  I have a stack of books I haven't yet read and there are always the authors whose books I collect and re-read periodically.  But I put books in Carol's library so others can have a selection. 

Then we went to Starbucks and found the local spot closed.  So we drove up to Imperial Hwy to our favorite site and it was also closed.  Both inside and the drive-thru.  Then down Rose Drive almost to the 91 Fwy and that location was open to drive-thru only.  We were at least the 15th car in line, but, heck, we didn't have any place to go anyway.  It was worth the 20 minute wait to get to the window.  Ahhh, good latte. 

 
There were very few cars out and about, this was around 9:30am, and Valencia Street was nearly deserted.  Sort of eerie and very quiet.  

We came home and I sewed on the yellow strip quilt which is now just one long 2-1/2" wide piece.  And, of course, we took a nap.  This afternoon there were crowds of parents and children about - keeping their distance from each family group.  All were looking for the shamrocks and teddy bears in the windows.  I had read the flyers taped up asking us to show shamrocks and I also read the post on Next Door about putting a teddy bear in the window.  All to give the kids something to do, a sort of scavenger hunt.  Poor kids, I'm sure most of them don't really understand why their normal lives have been interrupted.  

Who knows what tomorrow will bring!  

#   #   #




1 comment:

Gayle M P said...

Hi Del. I do enjoy reading your posts.
We are also finding it strange staying home all day, every day.
Thankfully we live on 2 acres in New Zealand. We are going for
walks up the road or around our garden every day to ensure we have some excercise.
I am going through some of my fabric stash to remind myself what is there and reassess ufos and projects awaiting. I've also been knitting, reading and watching tv news.
It sounds like you and Koko are good company for each other.
Take care.
Gayle