Thursday, April 23, 2020

New quilts for TCQC 04-23-20

Several years ago my friend Andrea Bacal of San Diego asked me to send her some pictures taken from above of a few of my hats.  She needed some inspiration for a Challenge called "From Above".  She chose three of the pictures and made three 12X12 quilts and submitted the one on the right for the Challenge.  I bought it and told her I would buy the other two also.  She got busy and they disappeared into her WIP and she just couldn't find them.  Then came the great clearing out of her sewing space and VOILA there were the other two quilts.  She gifted them to me and I have them up on my "feature" wall to admire every day.  I am so impressed with her work and the amazingly expressive quilting designs she used.  



This is a straw hat with silk flowers on the band.


This is one of my oldest hats made of fabric and constructed in a coil and a black & white band.  


Another straw - a Sunday Go To Meeting hat. 



And here are the original pictures she used for inspiration. I think she did an amazing job - the quilts are beautiful.  




#   #   #


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Great fun! Ms. Bacal's quilts are lovely and you are now the proud owner. Please take care and stay well.

Mary Ann said...

It's perfectly you!