Sunday, April 19, 2020

Do I need a new project? 04-19-20

No, of course not, I probably have a hundred WIPs.  But I just can't seem to get going on any of those.  So I started cutting pieces for Little Houses, as suggested by Diane Perin Hock (one of her quilts is in TCQC).  I can't find what she posted about it several weeks ago, but I did write down the sizes of the various parts.  Each house finishes 4"W X 5.5L.  I've seen several already finished tops on Facebook and they are cute.  I started out thinking I would just do scraps, but while cutting I decided that all the houses would have dark brown to burgundy roofs, red or red/orange doors, blue sky (of course), and the fabric for the house must be striped.  This is what I have cut so far. 

At this point I am working toward 40 blocks. 




I was surprised at how many green stripes I found in my two boxes of just striped fabrics.  Maybe this quilt will be called
"Green Houses"!


But they won't all be green. 

#   #   #

3 comments:

Loretta said...

My goodness, you certainly have a huge fabric library!! Pleased to see you are starting a new quilt....houses are wonderful structures for creativity.

sonja said...

i like the little striped beach cabana like house you made! it made me happy to see "making" going on as i have been mojo challenged for far too long. Thanks for the inspiration Dell!.

Loretta said...

At the beginning of shelter in place, Diane Perin started this Facebook group and now that you are about to begin a new house project, I thought you might like to see what many, many other sheltered in place quilters sewed on this same theme.


https://www.facebook.com/groups/1361838640668907/?fref=nf