Sunday, May 31, 2020

Another day at home 05-31-20

KoKo and I do our two walks each day - about 8am and 8pm when it has cooled off a bit.  This evening it was 75F  and the high today was 81F.  A little muggy.   I packaged the fabrics I had purchased for Ruth and a couple other people.  They can't go fabric shopping and actually FEEL the fabric, so I did it for them.  So, a trip to the PO is in order for tomorrow.  Goody!   When I was at Back Porch I found a backing fabric for the Little Houses - they represent our "isolation" - and the backing will represent the freedom that will come.  

This is a Windham Fabrics print called "Celebrating Women".

The only excitement today was when the garage door repairman came and repaired my garage door so it goes up and down on demand once again.   It was sixty bucks and worth every penny. 

I go to bed anticipating a trip to the Post Office tomorrow!

#   #   #



2 comments:

Loretta said...

I'm jealous of your need to go to the post office! Have a grand, grand excursion!
I love the backing fabric you chose for your Houses. I'm going on line and hopefully I'll find it!
Have yourself a healthy and happy day.

abelian said...

Last week, I had the same joy when the library book drops were unlocked, and I could finally drive there and return two books I checked out in March. The library is still closed, and the books sit in quarantine for 72 hours before being shelved. I’m making tiny 3” house blocks, and added tree blocks here and there. I was going to make one block for each day of isolation. I’m at day 82, have 87 blocks, and who knows when it will end? Maybe I’ll quit at 100 blocks! Be safe, everybody. Dottie