Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thursday Treasures 06-04-20

I suppose most of my treasures are memories which I access through the pictures I have taken over the years.  Here are some from a trip to Kalispell, WY , eight years ago this month in June 2012, to take a class with Ruth B McDowell. 

Facebook has selected these pictures:

I hope pasting this URL on here works. 

Here are some images I have selected from my files.   On this trip I saw a lot of wildlife, some on an all day drive through Glacier National Park. 


Out on the prairie there are a lot of antelope, here is a rare picture of an antelope resting in the grass. 

This is a more likely view and those white butts are visible from a good distance if you look for them in the grass and sagebrush. 

A drive through the National Bison Range provided close up shots of lots of bison and bison calves. 


Many different birds all over, including this lovely swan.


Loons are so distinctive.  This one came close to be sure we didn't get too close to the hen and chicks. 


This bear was really quite far away, I used a telephoto lens. 

This was Ruth's last class, I'm so glad I was there. 

#   #   #


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Thank you for sharing your memories. Ruth's retirement timing seemed perfect. She continues here beautiful art.

Rebecca said...

Yes, the link worked. Many, many animals! It looks like you had a companion on this drive.

I'm curious about the story behind the "haystack" of shed antlers.