Monday, November 9, 2020

Filling time 11-09-20

I don't think I have worked a jigsaw puzzle by myself for at least 25 years.  I've been to someone's house where they invited me to join in on their puzzles.  I had an online puzzle addiction for some years, but that is an entirely different process.  This one came from friend Carol and friend Liz worked in and returned it.  I thought I would just give it a try.  

It is a wooden puzzle from Great Britain and the pieces are quite small, I have a hard time picking them up with my arthritic hands.  


 It is only 250 pieces so it will easily fit on this tray when completed.   I'm verrrry slow, it may take me a week.  
Or more!

There are what they call "whimsy" pieces which aren't hard to match up with their mates, but since they don't interlock it isn't easy to keep them together.   I don't think this will become a new hobby, just something to pass the time right now.

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

I LOVE puzzles....I think that is why I like quilting processes (i.e. Ruth)!
Taking a week to do a nice puzzle is not a long time for difficult puzzle making! Even longer is a real possibility! After I separate the pieces into colors, I usually work on the border! Then I work for a little while, start or finish something else I've been doing, then when I wonder back to the puzzle, I'll look around it and see if I can put together a few pieces...sometimes yes, and sometimes a dozen or so! Then I move on....enjoy the process! Stay well.