Tuesday, November 10, 2020

SAQA Interview 11-10-20

 

"Conversation on the Porch"  Ruth B. McDowell - MA  1993
54" W X 37.5"L  Cotton fabrics, batting and thread.  Machine pieced and quilted. 

This year SAQA is participating in the SOFA event in Chicago for which Studio Art Quilt Associates Director Martha Seilman interviewed three contemporary quilt collectors and I am one of them.    You can also look at videos by Jack Walsh and Marvin Fletcher.   Both of them collect large, expensive quilts and have advisors to help them decide.  I just buy what I like and can afford without consulting anyone!  I am thrilled to be able to see pieces in their collections and even more thrilled to share pictures and talk about some quilts in TCQC. 

I was surprised at how precisely I speak and the voice doesn't sound at all like my own.  There was no script; I provided the images, Martha asked me questions and I just answered off the top of my head.  It seems to all make sense, but if I had it to do over again I would probably say something different.  Isn't that always the way?

If that doesn't work try:   

If neither works, please let me know.   Del

#   #   #

2 comments:

Loretta said...

I enjoyed your interview...quite intelligently spoken! Thank you very much for sharing your talents and collection of magnificent quilts with all of us. I do hope you are feeling much better so you and KoKo can rejoin! ;-)

sonja said...

you spoke well and true! thanks for the link.
Love rocking chairs quilt by one of my favorite designer/quilter
"Conversation on the Porch" Ruth B. McDowell - MA 1993