Saturday, November 7, 2020

Interview for SAQA 11-07-20

Several months ago Martha Seilman, Executive Director of Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA), asked me to do a interview which would appear online as part of the SOFA event.  Normally held over a week in Chicago, SOFA is forced to be a virtual event this year.  I sent her some images of a few quilts and eventually she set up an interview time and asked me questions that I answered off the top of my head.  The interview appeared on the SOFA site only the first day, along with interviews with two top collectors, Jack Walsh, and Marvin Fletcher.  Both of them collect large, expensive quilts and have advisors to help them decide.  I just buy what I like and can afford without consulting anyone!  I am thrilled to be able to see pieces in their collections and even more thrilled to share pictures and talk about some quilts in TCQC. 

I was surprised at how precisely I speak and the voice doesn't sound at all like my own.  There was no script; I provided the images, Martha asked me questions and I just answered off the top of my head.  It seems to all make sense, but if I had it to do over again I would probably say something different.  Isn't that always the way?

Go to:   

Click on: 
Click on the "Del Thomas" entry.  

I hope that works!  If it doesn't will someone please let me know. 
#   #   #

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Del, for the link to your interview. Really enjoyed listening and seeing it.
Do hope you are improving slowly and will soon be able to have Koko back with you.
Anne

Loretta said...

Del, Your interview with Martha was wonderful...so many fine quilts with interesting information shared. I do LOVE Ruth's chairs...even after all these years her work, when looking back on it, is so fine, providing, again and again new inspiration! Thank you so much for sharing your pieces in our collection with us. Take care.

Gerrie said...

Loved it! So great to hear your voice and your love of art quilts. Hopin you are healing well from sciatica and will be out and about again.

Kay Taylor said...

Thank you so much for sharing your interview. I really enjoyed seeing more of your collection. I hope things are going well and you are able to have KoKo with you again soon.