Thursday, December 31, 2020

Hope for the New Year 12-31-20

Since I don't do much of anything and don't go anywhere except for the walks and an occasional short trip to the market, I don't have much to say.  I've thought about telling stories from my past and may yet resort to that!  Today we dropped some things at the PO drive-by box, took some money out of the ATM at the credit union, and visited the drive though at Starbuck's down by the 91 Fwy, just to go some place different.  It is about a mile further than the Starbuck's we usually frequent.  While in line there we have a view of Anaheim Lakes where the white pelicans are moving in for the winter.  It is a distant view, but still nice to see.  Home to do a few household chores, throw Froggy for KoKo to chase, and read my current book, Barack Obama's memoir, "A Promised Land".  I do find it riveting and am surprised at some of the "characters" who are still around today; McConnell, Pelosi, Feinstein, both Clintons, and others.  I guess my memory is really failing me because I don't remember some of the really serious problems that existed in our country in 2009.   The high point of the day was a ZOOM meeting with the art quilt group in San Diego.  Always interesting sharing and conversation.  

So, here we go into a new year.  Along with everyone I know I am hoping for a MUCH better year ahead for the entire world.   Need to get those vaccinations rolling!

Some of you might remember how much I enjoy snowman cartoons!

#   #   #



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I did a Zoom today with Pokey Bolton and several others. Toward the end, she asked about a word for next year. The two that came up were "Normal" (yes, Please!) and Hope. I forget at the time that my word might be Progress.

Poor snowman.

I saw one that had a snowman saying "Everything smells like carrots."