Saturday, January 2, 2021

New Year's Dinner 01-02-21

Nothing special for New Year's Eve or New Year's Day.  I just don't do holidays anymore.  A wreath on the door for Christmas season and multiple flags for 4th of July.  I can't tell you why!  I just lost interest about a decade ago.  I think it is part of being old and deciding to just be my own person and do whatever I enjoy.  

I do enjoy going out for meals, but that isn't something I can do right now, so I prepare food to eat; minimal cooking - microwave, toaster oven.  Today I had the urge to eat something special so I ordered takeout from The Wild Artichoke in Yorba Linda.  I have always enjoyed their food, which is rather pricey, and have picked up take out a couple times in the last six months.  Tonight I called and ordered their special salmon with capers, risotto, and veggies.  KoKo and I drove over to pick it up at 5pm, rather early for me, but it just seemed like a good time.  Beautiful sunset driving home; flashing behind buildings and trees like a film strip.  

The picture doesn't do it justice - much more colorful. 
But very delicious and enough for two meals for me, so I will enjoy the other half tomorrow evening. 
 
I ordered carrot cake for my neighbor, Mark-to-the-South, because he does love it.  I don't think it will be as tasty as the carrot cake from Katella Deli in LBeach, but I can't currently drive over there.  I delivered it to Mark when we went for our evening walk and he told me he has had the first of the two vaccinations.   He retired from the hospital where he maintains and repairs equipment, but they keep calling him back part time.  He'll have his second shot soon.  He says that some of his fellow employees are declining the vaccine,  They seem to want to see how effective it is with other people.  DUH!  
#   #   #

2 comments:

abelian said...

That looks like a lovely dinner! I also seldom do stovetop cooking or baking. I use my microwave and toaster oven, but also love my little air fryer. I hadn’t thought I needed one, but my daughter gave it to me, and I use it often. You can use it to bake a small potato in 40 minutes, or cook a couple of chicken tenders, or roast vegetables.

I’m wondering whether the hospital employees who refuse the vaccine are waiting to see whether there are side effects, rather than whether it’s effective? I’d think any side effects are rarer than the cases of young people getting seriously ill or dying. Happy New Year from Dottie.

Loretta said...

Yummy dinner....thanks for sharing a happy time....
Happy New Year, dear Del, and may you find comfort, peace and continued good health in 2021. With love....