Tuesday, March 16, 2021

More sewing 03-15-21

I am still working on the half square triangles.  I don't have the patience to stick to it for very long.    I suppose I have about 300 and maybe half have been trimmed. 

I have been trying to mix them up as I trim them to maybe save some time later when working at the design board.   I sewed them together by matching all the same dark fabrics with all  different light fabrics.  So, there should only be a few that are matching pairs. 

I lay them out in sets of ten and make the four cuts so they are each three inches square and the diagonal is perfectly corner to corner. 

 
Then I stack them in sets of ten with a sticky note on top of each stack.  Hopefully I will not have to keep recounting them as I go along.
 
I Googled half square triangle quilts and looked at about a million different designs, but I think this is going to be a very simple arrangement.  Probably just rows of triangles all with the same orientation.  And lots of borders!   This is essentially "make work", just to keep my hands doing something without much brain needed.  

KoKo had the blood test this morning, but no report from the vet.  We have an appointment on Thursday.  He has been so active I relented and gave him a couple dental treats this afternoon.  It may have been a mistake as he has not since been active at all, but has been clinging close to me and sleeping.  Our morning walk was in the rain and for the evening walk it was still daylight but very windy, which he doesn't enjoy at all.  Nor do I!  
#   #   #



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I highly recommend a BlocLoc ruler for trimming HSTs. It has a groove in the underside that the seam nests in, and you get the seam right in the corner just by nestling it. The only thing you have to line up is the size on the second pair of trims.