Saturday, June 12, 2021

More Food 06-12-21

Food again.  After viewing my refrigerator I decided to eat out tonight and took KoKo with me to the Fitness Grill Kitchen in Yorba Linda.  We went early, about 4:30pm and there was only one other table occupied on the patio.

Here is view from our tabler just before we left to return home.  The waiters were setting up a table for eight behind us, so I was glad we were ready to go. It is so interesting to observe other people without masks, although all the waiters wore them.  The four ladies on the left were celebrating one of their birthdays and they were very animated and happy.  My "doggy box" is on my table.  Thinly slices of grilled sirloin with Bastamanti rice, grilled tomatoes with parmesan and two grilled green chili peppers which I tried a tiny bite and then moved to the far edge of the plate.  

This is their version of carrot cake which is more frosting than cake, but it had a nice flavor.  I wanted to lick the leftover caramel off the plate, but decided it was too un-cool.  

KoKo was very good, perhaps because he has been there several times before.  I take a long flat pad - like a very flat pillow - and put it near my feet under the table.  After he has checked everything out he will patiently lay on the pad until I am done eating.  As long as somebody doesn't stop and squeal, "Oh, a doggy."  which prompts him to get up and try to lick that person to death.  I wish people would apply the same rules that are in place for seeing-eye dogs - don't touch, don't talk to them, don't step on them!  KoKo does love people so he always has to respond to any attention anyone offers.  
#   #   #

 

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

Sounds like a nice outing.