Thursday, June 10, 2021

New small quilt 06-10-21

Yes, I actually completed a little 12X12 quilt.  I started it in January, so it was in progress for five months.  Hard to believe it could take me so long.  But then I have UFOs from maybe 30 years ago!  Guess I am an accomplished procrastinator.  Anyway, this one was going to the SAQA auction in October, but it has already been claimed.  I will have to make something else for SAQA or just participate as a buyer this year.  


"Scrap Trees"  Del Thomas (California) 2021  12" X 12"
Commercial cotton fabrics, cotton batting, cotton thread, ink.
Raw edge fusing, inking, machine applique, machine quilting, bound edge. 
 

Back without label or sleeve. 


Detail with bird in fabric.

Detail with bird in fabric.

#   #   #

 


3 comments:

Loretta said...

Del, a wonderful quilt...great fabric selection and quilt design. Pleased you have already sold it! Wow! Enjoy putting together another! Stay well.

Rebecca said...

How nice to sell it!

Those branches are masterful.

Martha Ginn said...

This is a wonderful piece, and someone is lucky to get it. Your background strip piecing is delightful.