Friday, July 23, 2021

Kind words/actions 07-22-21

We have all heard about or experienced some little kindness changing someone's life.  This didn't change my life, but improved my day.  I went to Physical Therapy this morning and it was especially painful.  Probably because I hadn't been for a week and have not been faithful about doing the exercises at home.  On my way home I stopped at the Starbuck's I usually go to and placed my order at the drive up sign.  Some of the employees remember my name (and KoKo's) which is always so gratifying.  At the pick up window the girl started to hand me my latte and then turned back.  When she handed it to me there was a little red star on top.   "What's with the star?" I inquired. "It is because you are a rock star, Del", she replied.  It was very sweet and immediately made me feel better.  As an old lady I usually feel that I am invisible, so it is nice to be recognized and for someone to remember my name.  


#   #   #

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice.

Rebecca said...

What a nice little surprise boost. And you're spreading the good by sharing it with your readers. :-)

Carol said...

Amazing! How col.

Loretta said...

Very, very special indeed!

Martha Ginn said...

Calling you a rock star was so cool, Del! And remembering you and Koko's names was another sweet touch. We "older women" identify with this kindness.
A funny story--My friend Susannah waited in a check-out line while another senior citizen talked to the two younger clerks. When they slightly rolled their eyes as the woman moved on, Susannah let them have it: "Let me tell you something. She was lonely. She's been cooped up for months and needed to talk to someone, and you need to listen." The two softened and thanked her for telling them that, saying they had not thought about what some older folks were going through and agreed to be more patient and caring. We need to look out for each other! And remember we are NOT invisible.