Friday, August 27, 2021

Friday Food 08-27-21

One of the best things about computers, to me anyway, is having tens of thousands of pictures I can scroll through and remember people, places, events, animals, flowers - just everything.  I just spent an hour looking for pictures of food for this post and enjoyed images of trips I have taken, quilts galore, Surfside Quilters Guild members and meetings  And that was only two years worth!  I did think I took more food pictures than I can find now, but settled on these three, all from ten years ago in 2011 in widely separated locations. . 

I enjoy eating fish, but don't cook it much at home because I don't BBQ and my oven hasn't worked for years.  So, I eat fish when I eat out.  This is one of my favorite meals - Salmon, broccoli, baked potato (or rice).  Makes me hungry just thinking about it!   This was in Long Beach, CA.. 

Another favorite is fish tacos  I especially like shrimp which are very good at  Chronic Tacos, but these two are from a food truck that used to serve at lunch time in Brea, CA.  I prefer corn tortillas, but they only served flour. 

And, of course, sushi is high on my list of favorites.  This yummy roll was at a tiny sushi place near Beaverton, Oregon.   

I may have to go out for sushi tomorrow night., probably to my favorite neighborhood spot "Fish in a Bottle" .  Since the pandemic is so threatening I may have to do takeout.  But it will be the best.

#   #   #


2 comments:

Loretta said...

Take out is just fine these days! Sounds good to me....

Mary Ann said...

Funny how we have different food preferences according to our place of habitation. Being near Lake Erie perch fries are the big thing. I love fresh water fish, perch and cat fish. Yum!