Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Miscellaneous 08-31-21

I seem to be spending a lot of time looking back through my photo files and rediscovering things I vaguely remember or completely forgot.   For tonight's post I looked to see where I was ten years ago on August 31st, it seems much longer somehow.  I had been up to Washington State to see my friends Mabel and Mac, went to a quilt show, and visited friends along the way.  

On Sep 1st, my 73rd birthday, I was in San Juan Bautista, CA, enjoying Mary's lovely yard with flower boxes overflowing.  


Instead of cake we had a marionberry pie, which we all preferred. 

Of course, one day we drove over to Pacific Grove and had lunch at the Red House.  My favorite there is the Portobello sandwich.  

Followed by a visit to Back Porch Fabrics where Wendy cut lots of fabric for us.  

I drove home on September 3rd and stopped along I-5 to photograph in a cotton field covered with the lovely white flowers. 

Now, ten years later I will turn 83.  Amazing.  Who could have expected what those ten years would bring with the politics and the pandemic and my ageing body!  Hope the next ten will find us in a better situation.  

#   #   #

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Del.

Anonymous said...

Birthday greetings to a fellow Virgo. I'm following right behind you so cheer, remember, sympathize with yourevery post. Most of all I worry about you when you don't post for a few days. Hope the coming year is far more joyful as the past two and we continue to make art.

Sharon Richards said...

Happy birthday, Del.

May this coming year be one of good health, warm friendships and creativity--lots of creativity!
Sharon

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Happy birthday! I love the color combination of the flowers in the first picture and that pie looks amazing.

Rebecca said...

Happy 83rd! I hope you celebrated in some way.

Let's not think about what changes could come, and keep our heads down and just keep doing our best.

abelian said...

Happy Birthday, Del! Hope you do something fun, and have something yummy to eat. Love, Dottie