Thursday, December 16, 2021

California Weather 12-16-21

Tuesday was the member's showcase at Surfside Quilters Guild, which is my favorite meeting of the year.  This year our member Cathie Opila and her sister Sue Carroll (from Minnesota) shared the quilts they make for their family of eleven siblings and their offspring..  Cathie is a prolific and adventurous quiltmaker who collaborates with Sue across the country.  It was a good program and worth the trouble to get there.   It was the day that SCalifornia had the first major rainfall since last winter and it was a doozy.  I left early in the wind and rain and heavy morning rush hour traffic.  Sometimes I could hardly see out of the car, which rocked in the wind and the blow-by from the big trucks.  It took a little more than an hour and a half and I arrived just five minutes before the meeting started.  I am the official photographer and like to be there to take pictures before everyone gets settled.   It is so satisfying and "warm" to be back to meeting in person.  I have missed all the quilting ladies over the last almost two years.  Before I left to drive home I sat in the parking lot for about 20 minutes, watching the wind whip the trees and the wipers whip the heavy rain.  But the drive home was not so harrowing, although it rained a lot it wasn't as violent as earlier in the morning and there was less traffic. .  

I was going to add a video of the wind and rain, but can't figure out how to do it.  Another time, maybe.  Here is one of Cathie Opila's quilts that I especially admire. 


And I have missed doing the twelve days of Christmas cartoons, some of which are new this year, but I will try to post on each evening until the BIG day.  


#   #   #  

No comments: