Friday, December 17, 2021

Friday Food 12-17-21

Yes, it is a glass of orange juice!   This evening about 6pm someone knocked at my door, not something that happens very often.  When I answered there was a young woman and two children greeting me.  The woman had this glass of orange juice in her hand.  She explained that she is a neighbor in the next cul de sac and she had squeezed a lot of oranges from their backyard tree and added a little honey.  She was just bringing it as a gift, would I like to have it?   I was speechless.  The little boy explained that they live in the house with the gingerbread couple and the most fantastic lights anywhere.  I recovered enough to say thank you and tried to remember if I had ever even seen this lady before.  She went on to say that KoKo and I walk by their house all the time, she lives next to Pam.  Ah-ha, now I knew who she is.  We talked for just a few minutes and she left with the children.  I'm not sure how gracious I was because I was so dumbfounded I couldn't think.  I will have to write a little note and maybe find a couple small gifts for the children.   

The orange juice is very good.  Kindness is alive and well in my neighborhood!


And my all time favorite Christmas cartoon.

#   #   #


3 comments:

Carol said...

Very nice, Del! Your friendliness is reaping rewards over and over! Thanks for sharing the story.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is a sweet gesture, but I too would be hesitant if someone offered me some orange juice. I'm not sure I would have consumed it.

Martha Ginn said...

Don't you just love unexpected encounters like this??!! I do. Teaching kids the joy of sharing. I need to meet two new neighbors in my neighborhood.