Friday, December 31, 2021

Goodbye 2021 12-31-21

Hope you are all enjoying New Years Eve in your own way.  KoKo and I are being quiet and peaceful - until the fireworks start.  So far only a few and not close by.  I just hold him and pet him and talk softly and he survives, shaking and growling.  

I did have to go to the pharmacy this morning, but masked up and distanced.  Nothing else on my calendar for more than a week.  I did have the booster on Dec 22nd.  I had waited until there was nothing on my calendar for a few days because I reacted so strongly to the number two shot.  It was a wise move as I spent about three and a half days with headache, temperature, ache all over, wiped out.  But I'd rather do that than have full blown Covid.   I certainly know people who have it or have it in their family, but no hospitalizations so far.  Scary stuff.  


Here is to better luck with 2022.  

#   #   #




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Del. I have enjoyed reading your news across the years. I hope you keep safe and well, and send every good wish for the coming year.
Anne

abelian said...

Happy New Year! I like the cartoon, and swiped it to send to my cat-owning friends. Glad you’re past the booster now. New Year’s Eve is more peaceful here in NC than it used to be when I lived in the hills above San Pedro — there were fireworks and gunshots galore. I’m going to see if KTLA is showing the parade on its website this year. Be happy, well and safe. Dottie

Mary Ann said...

Happy New Year Del and Koko. We survived night of fireworks and I suppose gunshots. Whatever. Bob doesn't care, he's under the covers as usual! Here's hoping to a happy, healthy New Year. I start with doctor visit to my general nd eye docs. Fun times.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you got the booster. I hope you are done with the side effects now. Happy New Year! Zeus was really bothered by fireworks but he has become hard of hearing so it didn't bother him much yesterday.

Loretta said...

Happy, Happy New Year, Del. I wish for you lots of love, happiness, new quilts, and good health.
Please, take care and stay well.
Best, Loretta