Sunday, December 26, 2021

Quilt from TCQC 12-26-21

 


"Sap Buckets"  Ruth B. McDowell  2011  54"W X 40"L
Machine pieced and quilted. 

We have been having cold (for us) wet weather and I sought out this quilt to hang for a few months.  The shadows are so wonderful and Ruth's fabric selections for the trees are intriguing - as usual!  Notice how the trees continue through the top border. 

Other than when I have shown it as ;part of a program, I don't think this quilt of Ruth's has been shown anywhere.  And I don't think it appeared in any of her books.  

#   #   #  

2 comments:

Loretta said...

Maple buckets....an absolute favorite of mine. You can feel the chill in the air and listen to the snow as it squeaks when you walk on it....I once loved winter when I was much younger and could more easily navigate the slippery ice and snow! It sounds like you and KoKo and various neighbors and friends had a lovely Christmas. May the New Year bring lots of love, good health and peace of mind!
Fondly,
Loretta

Martha Ginn said...

I love this Ruth McDowell quilt!