Tuesday, December 20, 2022

A busy day 12-20-22


Up and on the road at 7:50am, stopped at Starbuck's drive thru, light traffic to Dana Point due, I suppose, to some schools being on holiday schedule.  KoKo accompanied me to the Surfside Quilters Guild Board Meeting, just because I didn't want to leave him home alone.  He has grown into my lap these last three weeks while I tried to keep my ankle elevated.  At the meeting he wallowed in all the attention and petting in exchange for licks for everyone that would accept them.  When the meeting started he curled up in my lap and slept almost all the way through it.  GOOD dog.  

Lots of business, including discussion about our very successful stocking stuffing project at last week's general meeting.  Now that we have some experience struggling through the first time maybe we could do it for the December meeting every year.  More discussion needed and thoughts from the membership.  I hope we do it again because I missed it this time and it seems like it was a lot of fun.  After the meeting we drove up to La Habra to see and gift our friend Liz.  KoKo was so excited, he always loves sitting on her lap getting her pets and giving her a bath if she allows it.  He is a licker!   Then home to drop KoKo and I went to the market for milk, brown sugar, and rolled oats - can you tell what I have been eating for breakfast.

After all that I had to get my foot elevated and have a little nap.  The ankle is MUCH better, but still some swelling.  It is difficult to apply the Ace bandage although my technique has improve with regular practice!   I am going to walk KoKo in the morning, maybe just up to the corner, down the other side of the street and around the cul de sac.  Then I need to pay some bills, do a load of laundry, and finish up the bit of mending I started the other day.  Focus, I need to relearn how to focus.  I don't know if it is pandemic isolation or just old age, but making decisions and focusing on projects is really hard these days.  I knw I am not alone, so I suspect it is the isolation.  This too shall pass, huh?

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

GOOD MORNING, you seem to be doing very well...just the foot and that too is coming along. I agree with your analysis of not being able to focus! I find it disturbing, but I continue to push through it and at times this seems to work. Thanks for the encouragement.