Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve surprise 12-24-22

In my life I have been fortunate to have excellent postmen.  The only postwoman have been substitutes whose endurance I greatly admire.  For the last few years Dave has been the regular on our route.  KoKo adores him and Dave always gives KoKo some praise and pats, although .he has a long way to bend down: KoKo is about a foot high and Dave is about 6'3", I think.  We are the very last house on this lap so his truck is parked at our curb.  KoKo tells me when Dave parks and, after an appropriate amount of time has gone by, he gets all excited and tells me Dave has arrived on our porch.  Today was a special arrival because Dave came in costume!  KoKo wasn't quite sure who was at the door until I opened it - Dave on a reindeer! 

KoKo greeted the reindeer first!

A confusion of legs - The longest in gold colored pants are Dave's.  The shorter with red trousers are Santa's.  The plaid jacket is Dave's.  And the gold colored reindeer head is attached to Santa's legs.  Got it?  As you see Dave is so tall I lopped off the top of his head  KoKo is there in Dave's arms, but struggling to get down because he isn't usually picked up by anyone except me or the vet.  


And if you live  anywhere else in the country you will appreciate that SCalifornia had a gorgeous day with a high of 78F today.  I am so sorry you are suffering through such terrible storms with ice and snow and complete disarray of transportation.  Hope it clears up soon.  We are supposed to have rain this next week - fingers crossed.

#   #   # 

2 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

What a treat! Merry Christmas, Del and KoKo!

Carol said...

That Dave is a keeper. What a treat!