Thursday, January 19, 2023

Snowy Mountains 01-19-23

 

The San Bernardino Mountains north of Ontario, CA, where Road to California Quilt Show is being held this week.  Photo by Michalee Sloane.  It has been fairly cold (39F - 65F) so the snow cap will last a while. 
 
I will not go to the show this year.  It is just more than my body can do.  I thought about renting a scooter, but I did that at a large show in Washington state one year when I had a leg problem and, although I saw the quilts, it was rather awkward and not a lot of fun.  Manipulating around all the people and standing up to see the quilts (hung at eye level for standing people) was all very tiring.  Obviously everyone was looking at quilts and not at short people in scooters so there were some almost collisions.  And, after all, I was accustomed to driving a car, not an electric scooter!    I am hoping attendees will post pictures of the quilts online. 

We had a few sprinkles today which didn't appear on the weather sites, but they were not much.  Everything is so saturated, I hope we have a chance to dry out more before it rains again.  We usually have rain into February.  

Tomorrow is physical therapy, the car needs a smog certificate, and I will need to stop at the market for milk.  I lead SUCH an exciting life these days. 

#   #   #

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Yes, we do! Thanks for the 'Road' information...I await photos from friends.