Monday, April 22, 2024

Quilts at Empty Spools/Asilomar 04-22-24

I took about 30 quilts to show as Collector in Residence.  At the last minute before leaving home, I decided to add a few more very large pieces that would show well in the large space of Merrill Hall.  Some of the smaller quilts I changed out daily, including the 12"X12" bird quilts.  These are the pieces hung from the balcony at the back of Merrill Hall.   More tomorrow night.

     "Not Even Solomon" (Eucalyptus bloom)  Ruth de Vos  Australia  2009                   This is entirely machine pieced and quilted. 

L  to  R   "Through the Lens"  Marianne Burr - WA  2012  
"Copper Tree" Joan Colvin - WA   2003
"An Exaltation of Larks"  Mary Quinn  CO  2010
"Purple Reign"  Deb Cashatt   CA  2024  Machine pieced and quilted.

L to R   "Arnold Marathon"  Yvonne Porcella  CA  2006
"Getting My Ducks in a Row"  Pamela Allen  Canada 2005 
"Desert Nights"  Terry Grant   OR 2014

#    #    # 

 

1 comment:

Sherrie Spangler said...

I recognized Pamela Allen's right away! I remember her from the old quiltart list online. Hope you're enjoying yourself.