Friday, September 28, 2007

Finished quilt 09-27-07

The deal with Journal Quilts is that the quiltmakers are asked to not post images of their quilts online anywhere until after the exhibit has its opening at the Houston Quilt Festival the end of October. In lieu of showing the front here are a couple images from the back of the quilt.

In recent years I have started fusing the label on the back of the quilt before doing the quilting. This is to make the label unremoveable. I always intend to make a fancy label to stitch over this strictly functional one, but I seldom find the time.



Posted by Picasa

And all of my quilts have a bird on them somewhere. It could be a part of the printed fabric on front or back, inked on w/fabric marker, hand or machine stitched, or it might even be the image on the front of the quilt. I sometimes cannot find them on the quilt after a year or so, but the little bird is there -hiding.


I did just make it to FedEx before the overnight shipping deadline. I REALLY cut it close this time.

No comments: