Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Still at it! Sep 25

I suspect you all know how it goes...

There you are, working as hard as you can and things keep going wrong! The thread keeps breaking, you break an needle, you run out of the right color thread, your machine jams...... I think it is gremlins who know when we are in a hurry. It is hard to rip stitches out of hand dyed fabric or batiks or sheers, so there are no mistakes on this quilt. Just 'revisions' as necessary.


The Poodle Prince has been handed off to his parents to go home to LBeach. I already miss him. But he does require care, which is why they have a Poodle Nanny! He was quite soulful today because I didn't have time to just sit and rub his back, ears, tummy, chin.. whatever. But he is very well behaved dog and doesn't complain very much, mostly he just stares at me sadly.



I'm not doing French Marigolds, but these are some of the colors I am working with. I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone who knows my work! Red, orange, yellow fabrics dominate my fabric library. Sometimes I think maybe I am a fabric collector rather than a quiltmaker, but it is great to have such a varied collection when I start a new quilt.

No comments: