Monday, September 24, 2007

I think my 'wings' are clipped. Sep 24

I have always been a night owl. After ten o'clock my brain clicks up a notch and I am much more creative and accomplish more. But now I can't see well enough to do fine work and years ago I gave up trying to pick fabric or thread after the sun goes down. I've read many theories about why some of us are chickens and some are owls, but I don't think anyone really knows why. It is sometimes hard to switch from owl life to 'normal' life, something that becomes necessary to live in the world most people occupy. It takes me forever to make a quilt now because I am not motivated in the morning and have to quit when the sun goes down. I need to readjust my brain, huh?

I am still working toward the Friday deadline for the Journal Quilts. I think I will make it, even if I have to pay for overnight shipping. Of course, I have known about this deadline for a year! So, why do I wait until the last minute? Another unknown, but I seem to get worse as the years go by.

This picture was taken one year around the end of October whilst driving south on I-5. Looks like covered wagons stretched out across the prairie? No, these are bales of cotton waiting to be loaded in the fields and shipped - wherever! Each one will fit in the trailer of a big rig. It is almost cotton picking time this year.

No comments: