Friday, October 26, 2007

Brandy 10-26-07




Not the drink! The beautiful rose named "Brandy". It ties with "Mr. Lincoln" as my favorite. I'm always amazed that the high wind doesn't just rip leaves, buds and blossoms off the rosebushes, but they are extremely wind resistant. Some leaves are ripped off and some buds and blossoms are shredded, but the remaining buds are soon opening to give us roses for our holiday tables. One year a friend carefully pruned and sprayed and watered so that she could adorn her Thanksgiving tables with bowls of "Brandy". When she went out on Thanksgiving morning to cut the blossoms they were all gone. Someone had come at daybreak, or maybe even in the dark, and stolen all her roses! It's one of the nastiest things I have ever heard, but I'm sure it has happened elsewhere.


I have still been staying in to avoid the smoke, so my life is too dull to be imagined. Maybe things will look up next week.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

June said...

If you are staying in, you are making lots of art, right?

Sometimes this works for me. Often, though, the fact that I have to stay inside makes me restless and really really want to go out. Go figure.

Jer and I went to Ratatouille tonight. It's a joy -- just a feel good movie. I highly recommend it, particularly if you are feeling down.

Del said...

Yes, June, I am the same way. Being confined is different from CHOOSING to stay home and work. And I don't have any deadlines looming to force my hands to work!