Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More autumn 10-23-07

Red Rock, PA. Fall Foliage 11-21-07

I have seen pictures of the autumn trees in the NE states, but this one really stuns me. I suppose I haven't seen too many pictures of such a immense area and hadn't contemplated just how many miles are covered with this amazing color change. Some day I will take a "leaf peeping" tour, maybe even to PA!

I apologize for my "typo" yesterday. The smaller plume of smoke in the photo is from the Malibu fire - not Santa Monica. I have corrected the blog.

The winds have died down considerably, but the fires still burn slowly up the canyons and mountain sides. The sun has gone down so there won't be anymore water drops tonight. The Forest Service planes/choppers only fly from dawn to dusk. The most serious areas now are Running Springs near Big Bear and in San Diego County where 500,00 people have been evacuated from their homes. It is horrific!

No comments: