Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Eucalyptus color Oct 03,2007

Driving home this afternoon on a street that I have probably driven a thousand times I saw a tree that I have never noticed before. I was struck by the red stems on the grey leaves and the bright red fruit. I turned around when I could and went back for a better look. I know it is a eucalyptus of some kind, but it was so colorful. So, I stopped for some pictures. It is quite a large tree so all these were taken pointing the camera pretty much straight up. The tree has gorgeous color, but the sidewalk was covered with sticky red 'peels' from the top of the fruit. Messy!





I checked on Google Images, which gave me 68,000 hits and found a picture showing leaves, flowers, fruits, but the caption is simply "Eucalyptus tree".
Posted by Picasa

No comments: