Thursday, October 4, 2007

Flowers + Colored pencils Oct 04,2007

I've been thinking how much I enjoyed using the colored pencil on photos printed on fabric. I am going to experiment with several flower photos that I pulled from my files. The first is Jacaranda tree blossoms, something I have long thought of using as a design source for a quilt. The color is true in this picture, but if it is printed out it turns to the red-violet range. I am told this is a factor of the colors of ink. Being standard there isn't much I can do about that with my simple Epson printer, but maybe color pencil will correct that problem.

I am also going to work on this lovely peony picture. We don't grow peonies here, but I remember them fondly from my growing up years in Portland, Oregon, and sometimes in the Spring I buy a few at the florist, or Trader Joe's, to enjoy. The pink on this one was very subtle, but pinker than the picture. I will see what I can do to enhance the color with pencils.
When I have success I will post some pictures, if not... well,
maybe I'll try again!

No comments: