Friday, December 7, 2007

New quilt for TCQC 12-07-07

"Quenching Rain" Melody Johnson 2007
16.5" x 16.75"
This quilt is the latest addition to the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection, even though I said I couldn't buy any more quilts until after the first of the year. One thing I learned quickly when I started collecting quilts is that it is necessary to speak fast if I am interested in buying a quilt. It probably will no longer be available if I wishy-wash around. I suppose this means I am very average and am attracted to just what a lot of other people like! In the past twenty-two years several quilts that I was very interested in were sold to others before I could get my act together and I mourn their loss even today. When I saw this piece on Melody's blog I e-mailed her immediately. First come, first served! I like this new series she is doing using both her hand dyed fabrics and commercial prints. "Quenching Rain" is my favorite - so far!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: