Monday, December 24, 2007

Skinny Strips #5 12-23-07

All of the strips are sewn down along the edges.

I couldn't just stay right on the edge because I was trying to catch most of the little pieces in the stitching. I have the problem that I do not wash new fabric except that intended for bed quilts, so all my scraps are unwashed and the fusible doesn't always stick. I glued some small pieces down before stitching.

I had thought to cover the top with something sheer to keep all those little pieces from coming off, but I don't want to lose the bright blue of the background. Here are three different 'coverings' - left to right are crepeline (a very sheer and very expensive silk used in conservation of textiles), illusion netting in aqua, illusion netting in black. You can see where the pieces are pinned at the top and bottom. I like the aqua best, but I don't have a very large piece. I might have to go shopping for more.
I think you can click to enlarge the pictures. Opinions, anyone?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

I enlarged the photo, but I can't see a big difference on my screen. Sorry, no help from me.

Del said...

Thanks for looking, Christine. I don't need to make a decision right away - can't go shopping until Wednesday:o))