Thursday, February 14, 2008

"Heart Strings" 02-14-08

Happy Valentine's Day to you all.

"Heart Strings - I" Del Thomas 2005 12"W x 18"L

In 2005 one the the groups I belong to asked for quilts to be auctioned for some worthy cause. So, I made this one in sort of springlike colors. I didn't really care for the pale ground, but I suppose someone did because the group didn't give it back to me. I always wonder where it is living now.

"Heart Strings - II" Del Thomas 2005 12"W x 18"L
Then I made this version with a black ground and it is more pleasing to my eye. I do like bright colors on a black ground! And I like the 'streamers' rather than 'ringlets' hanging down. This is quilted with vertical squiggly lines.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christine Thresh said...

I like the dark background best, too.
You are a sweetheart.