Friday, February 15, 2008

They'll never meet again. 02-15-08

Twenty-five or more years ago when I was buying a stack of fabric to add to my fabric library, another customer asked what I was going to do with all those different colors. I don't know if she was a quilter, but she obviously didn't know about a fabric stash. In those days there were fewer quiltmakers and fewer quilt shops. But even then I probably didn't 'need' anymore fabric. Sometimes I think I am more of a fabric collector than a quilter! I surely can't resist the offerings at Back Porch Quilt Shop in Pacific Grove.


This is the selection I made this past Sunday. Look at all those lights - I'm proud of myself. And there are two fabrics with the little light spots/dots that Ruth McDowell recommends to give a quilt a little sparkle. The brown fabric snuck in there because I think it will work in a landscape with the light spots adding to the depth of... whatever. And.. WHENEVER!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

jpsam said...

I'd love to go shopping with you at Back Porch! What a delicious collection!
joan