Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trees 02-12-08

Although I have driven up I-5 to San Juan Bautista during February in previous years, I don't remember that the California Sycamores were so very white - they don't look real. They remind me of the wonderful ghost gums of Australia, white and straight, rising far above the other native growth.
This is a sign of Spring. Lots of beehives set out in most of the orchards along the way. I think these are cherries. Sometimes there will be blue signs on the fences facing the Interstate that tell what kind of orchard it is, but not in this case. Everywhere the green is showing in trees and on the ground, there are even a few drifts of bright yellow wild mustard along the way. In another month when I drive up again Spring will be in full swing.

1 comment:

Terry Grant said...

What a beautiful photo!