Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BMW ad + What is it? answer

A reader sent me this URL for another comment about the mysterious billboard ad I saw on Friday. When I drove past yesterday I looked closer and saw the BMW web address in the lower left corner. But I still don't understand what it means! Of course, I will never buy a BMW, so I guess I don't really care.
What were the pictures in my blog for 07-20-08? They show marks of tires on the center barrier of the San Diego Fwy south of Orange County. They do look like snowdrifts w/sand or the sky with wildfire smoke, but also like desert dunes. Last year I was driving back and forth to San Diego to be a gallery guide at the exhibit "Quilts from the Thomas Contemporary Quilt Collection". I spent a lot of time in very slow, stop and go traffic, so it was easy to snap the pictures as I burned up gasoline while sitting idle. The trip could be anything from 2 hours to 3-1/2 hours depending on freeway conditions.

2 comments:

June said...

Well, blow me down. I was racking my brain over those images. Nice puzzle, Del.

June

meggie said...

I saw the tyre tracks, but somehow thought they must be in the desert!
How frustrating to wait in traffic, but there is always something to be seen or learned, even in our pauses.