Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quilt Festival in LBeach 07-24-08

No blog posts for the past two days because I couldn't get online. Seems to be okay today - I'll keep my fingers crossed.
My friend Mary Leakey from San Juan Bautista arrives this afternoon to stay with me and attend the Quilt Festival in Long Beach. This new venue will be in addition to the Festivals in Houston and Chicago; we hope it will be a permanent part of Karen Breshenan's "Empire". All of the SCalifornia quilt makers are excited and ready to go first thing in the morning. I will, of course, post pictures and information about the event, as long as I can stay awake in the evening. These things always wipe me out.
If you are at the Festival I would enjoy meeting you. I will be working at the Alliance for American Quilts booth on Saturday from Noon to 1:45p and also at the SAQA booth Saturday from 2p to 4p. Or you can call me on my cell phone - send me an e-mail if you don't have the number and I will send it to you directly!

2 comments:

jpsam said...

Oh, Del, I can't wait to hear all about it! Unfortunately, we will not be making the trek from the Bay Area. Looking forward to your report.

Corky said...

I'm jealous. Can't wait to see your photos.