Thursday, July 24, 2008

Every time I see this ad on the side of the See's Candy shop in Fullerton I want to take a picture of someone standing in front of it. These huge chocolates are so tempting - I just want to burrow in. Today I had my chance! I'm sorry it was so late in the afternoon that the sun reflected off the wall. I'll have to try it again some morning when the sun in coming from the right.

Here is Mary. She arrived about 3pm and after a little settling in and visiting I took her on some errands around my "stomping grounds". She was reluctant to have her picture taken, but finally agreed to pose for me.

However, the trade off was that she could take a picture of me!

As we were taking the pictures there was a lot of traffic waiting at the signal and we heard loud cheers and laughter. Finally we turned to locate it and saw two young guys in a pickup clapping their hands and hooting at us. I don't know if it was a show of support or a razzing of two old gals and giant chocolates! I'll file it under the former!

We had dinner at "Fish in a Bottle", my current favorite restaurant, and Mary concurs - the food was fabulous. I don't know what we will do tomorrow night - I might have to cook!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

June said...

Oh no, Del, don't cook. Continue to roam around your favorite restaurants-- I like hearing about them. I do wonder about "Fish in a bottle", though. I keep trying to figure out what edible bits could be being imaged by this: Fish, I understand; Bottle, I understand; Ship in a bottle -- that I understand. But I'm thinking of some kind of fermented beverage with fins -- or a goldfish that you swallow whole.

Well, you see what you leave your friends with....

By the way, I've emulated your tidying of materials and even credited you with the event on my blog:-)

meggie said...

Thankyou for posting these photos. It is lovely to see you!
I still love to eat out, but my husband seems to have lost the joy of it all. A shame as we had a lot fun dining out in our young days.