Friday, July 25, 2008

Quilt Festival Long Beach 07-25-08

The Quilt Festival in Long Beach seemed to be very well attended. I spoke to Karey Bresenhan who said they were very pleased with the first day. I think there are a few wrinkles to iron out - apparently there were only four people selling tickets at the beginning and the line appeared to be three blocks long. Of course, if one was wise and order tickets ahead of time one can walk right in. Something to think about in the future - less time in line, more time looking at quilts. And there were fabulous quilts to be seen.
I could not take a straight on shot of the labels because the lights glared on the shiny print, making the words in the center portion invisible.
These two quilts were in the special exhibit "The Sky's the Limit - 2007".
Having tried to depict lightning myself, I know how difficult it is. This is beautiful lightning!

I am an admirer of Bodil's work and have two small pieces in the TCQC. This quilt shows beautifully.
Mary and I came home very tired and ate scrambled eggs w/toast for dinner. Mary is asleep and I will soon also be asleep. More tomorrow evening if I have the wits to type anything!

Posted by Picasa




2 comments:

meggie said...

I get exhausted at the small shows I attend. I know that absolute bone-weariness, at the end of the day, & all the sights swirl around in your head.

Christine Thresh said...

I really love Suzanne's Stormy Weather quilt. Thanks for taking a picture and posting it.
She is so talented.