Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Plumeria Blossoms

When I lived near the beach I had great luck with Plumeria, but inland they don't grow for me. I think there is just not enough moisture in the air.

Several of the patios at Spinnaker Bay have pots of very healthy plants which are heavily blooming now.

The blossoms over lap and twist, just like Oleander blooms. The yellow is part of the petal, no stamens apparent.

Most of the plants I see on Corky's walks are white, but there are a few lovely pink ones. But this is the best I could do without knocking on their door and asking if I and my poodle could photograph in their patio!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Thresh said...

Do the Plumerias have a nice scent. They look as if they should.

Del said...

They have a lovely scent. These are the traditional flowers to make leis, with so many hanging around your neck the odor can be overwhelming if you are sensitive to odors. Plumeria perfume is also made, but I don't know if it is an extract from the flowers or a chemical smell-alike.