Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Journal Quilts and puppies 11-18-08

I was surprised to learn recently about the vidcasts that were made in July at the Quilt Festival in Long Beach. Karen Bresenhan talks about a number of the Journal Quilts-2007 and mine is one of them. I don't know how the quilts were chosen, but I am flattered to have her talk about mine - to me it is a very special quilt.

Click on "new vidcasts" on the bottom of the menu on the left and then click on the box "Journal Quilts Part 1". My quilt "Last Walk in Autumn" is discussed about half way through. Karey discusses the Journal Quilt of my friend Corky Ledbetter on "Journal Quilts Part 2". I have always admired her quilt because her use of thread to make the fireworks is so effective. Corky is the one who wrote to me about the vidcasts. Thanks again, Corky!
The SCalifornia fires are under control and the Santa Ana winds have, so far, not returned. We keep our fingers crossed, our doors and windows closed and do what we can to help those who have lost everything they own in this world.
I'm enjoying this website/puppy cam that Christine Thresh shared with me:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam
I am amazed at how fast the puppies grow.
# # #

1 comment:

meggie said...

I too love watching those puppies!
I have seen your journal quilt before, but it was lovely to see it again, & hear it spoken about.
There are some lovely quilts, & the video is so interesting.