Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lovely day + another trip to Visions 02-10-09

Not as many blooming wildflowers or escaped flowers as last year this time, but they are coming on. This is an escapee, a type of ice plant which is extensively planted on hillsides and comes in a bunch of different colors. Seems to me this magenta color is the most common.
Friend Toni Mahoney and I drove down to Oceanside to see the Visions quilts again. I find something new every time I look at them. It always makes me sad as the exhibit comes to an end and I know I will never again see this group of quilts together. The people at Oceanside Museum of Art do such a fabulous job of arranging and hanging, that the experience of the viewers is enhanced by the juxtapositions of the pieces. There are only seventeen days remaining, if you have a chance go to Oceanside to see these first class art quilts.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

meggie said...

I had a bright orange coloured ice plant, just the same as that one. Alas, gone to Gom!