Saturday, February 14, 2009

Trip to San Jacinto/Hemet 02-13-09

For quite a few years Liz and I have been driving out to San Jacinto/Hemet east of Los Angeles to see the Valley Quilter's QShow. Today was the day and we enjoyed our trip. There was green, green grass, but no gamboling lambs. We were astounded at how much the area has built up over the past two years. There was rain periodically while driving out there and it was only in the 40s, but we stayed dry and warm in the Community Center where the show is held.

"Parker's Suduko Quilt" Cathy Parker/quilted by Marianne Crouch.
This was the first picture I took at the QShow and then my camera ran out of battery - it doesn't hold a charge very long these days, so I think I will have to get a new battery. Or maybe a new camera! I took this picture for my friend Mary, both she and Joe really enjoy Suduko. I'd not heard of a Suduko quilt before and don't know if it is original or from a pattern.

We had some lunch in Hemet and then headed home in the rain. It was quite heavy at times and since it was getting late in the afternoon there was a lot of traffic. Fortunately most of it was going east and we were going west! See the lines of cars on the left hand lanes.

A clear strip of blue sky developed with black clouds both under and over it. It was quite threatening.

But it made a gorgeous sunset. Across the middle of this picture are cars on the 57 freeway north - I took about twelve images and only have this one without a truck blocking out part of the sunset! It was one of the best sunsets Liz and I have seen in quite a long time in this area.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jpsam said...

Hi, Del!
Just wanted to put a good word in for my friend and fellow EBHQer Sue Arnold who has done many sudoku quilts and has a pattern! Check out http://tinyurl.com/18r for some pics from Show and Tell.

Tracey Brookshire published her pattern http://tinyurl.com/dc72wa.
joan

Louise in SW Saskatchewan said...

I camped in the San Jacinto mountains somewhere near Idlywld/Hemet at an International Girl Scout camp. We went to the ISOMATA (Idlywld school of music and the arts) as part of our event there. We hiked in the wilderness area to the the top of the sky tram that comes (or used to come) up Mt San Jacinto) So I've seen Palm Springs, but never been there. It was quite a trip for a 17 yr old! I was one of 7 Canadian participants attending.